Thursday, May 18, 2006

Carter actually spent time outside today without putting everything in his mouth. He sat on the ground and played with everything, but only tried to put some of it in his mouth. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. He is also starting to really comprehend a lot--he knows 'sit down,' 'yuck, not in the mouth,' 'where are your toys (or whatever),' 'do you want some cheese?' and I am sure a lot more.

I went swimming today. Not advised. The water is freezing. Take your breath away freezing, and I had a wet suit on. Hurts everywhere freezing. But, in a weird way, it felt good--the wetsuit did work after the water inside warmed up, and Ava and Carter thought it was hysterical as I swam around.

The bugs were awful though. We were eaten alive today. Gross. Ava is not a fan. Carter has no clue that they are biting him, and I always feel so badly when I look at him and there is one making a landing. And then he is left wondering why Mom suddenly goes berzerk, waving her hands all over the place 1 inch from his face.

They both appear to be struggling with the pollen.

He is entertaining himself more and more--I really am starting to (as I said before) see that light at the end of this tunnel. I actually got dishes and laundry done without scrambling like a madwoman trying to get as much done in the 3 minutes that he is content. Today he was content for a majority of the time. Unbelievable. It helps that he likes food.